Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Brace management

Old 26-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Spinecor Brace

Hey susan,
sorry to hear about your daughter i wish you all the best xx
Old 13-02-2011, 02:09 PM

hi everyone, I am eleven years old and am getting fitted for a spinecor brace very soon. I was just wondering if there were any other kids my age that would like to give me advice. I have my mum's permition
Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 PM

I'm just new to this forum. I was diagnosed with scoliosis in June, I think, and it looks like I will have to have a brace. I hope it is the spinecor brace, because we live in Cambodia, and a solid brace would be way too hot! Besides, I think the spinecor brace sounds way nicer.
Old 22-08-2011, 12:11 AM

My daughter (Starbug) has now been wearing the spincor brace for more than a month. At the beginning it was quite difficult and she complained that it was hard to take a deep breath and her tummy was squashed, so she couldn't eat much at one time. We had to go to Singapore for the fitting (we live in Cambodia) and we will have to go back every three months for follow up. The staff at the hospital were excellent.

By the way, we were able to get some of the GST back as we left at the airport. Someone at the hospital helped us get the paperwork we needed for that. It was about $160 Singaporean dollars we got back.

She is now doing very well with the brace and rarely complains. It is very hot here, and yet she is coping well. At the hospital, they said they have very poor compliance with the Boston brace. I think this is largely because of the tropical heat.