Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 10-11-2009, 08:41 PM

Default Hi there from UK.

Hello, was pointed in this direction via a scoliosis forum here in the uk, great to see this site up and running.

Wasn't sure if i've posted in the correct place, just wanted to introduce myself to you guys.

I am the mother of young Megan who was diagnosed with Hemi-vertibrae when she was 6weeks old and has been treated for scoliosis ever since. She had fusion at 6 and half months old and was tractioned and plaster casted for the following 8 years, she then had growth rods and lengthening for 5 years and more fusion and rods in 2008 and has had 2 corrections and some metal work removed. No longer is brace and doing well touch wood, has had some more pain recently and grinding in the neck area but very happy to say she is doing really well.

It has been a very long journey for Megan and the family as she has other medical health problems, but we are finally getting there.
Here is a link to an article regarding Megan, hope it works. (the link) and it gives you all a little bit more info about us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...body-cast.html

Hi to you again
Mrs P.

Great to this site up and running well done.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 PM

Smile Congratulations

Hi Mrs P,
Welcome to the forum. I just read the article and it moved me. Best wishes to all of you. Thats amazing!