Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 16-04-2013, 07:44 PM

Default Re: 5 and a half weeks to go

PS .. my daughter has thick long hair and braiding it to the side worked best to try and keep it under control. She was so happy to be able to wash it on around day 5 !!
Old 24-04-2013, 07:57 PM

Hi again everyone,

It's 2 weeks until my surgery but weirdly enough I'm not stressing out yet. I read through all of the hospital paper work today and I am starting to tie up all of my stuff at school. KiwiCurves, I'm glad to hear that your daughter is recovering well and I hope she continues on a good recovery. I've got a lovely vanilla and soy milk body wash that I think will be making it's way to Melbourne with us. And it seems like braiding will be the way to go. My hair is kinda thick and kinda long too so hopefully that will keep it a little bit under control.

I'm sure I'll probably post an update before my surgery and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated throughout my recovery
Thanks for all the advice
Georgia
Old 28-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Hi. Have you found the "Curvy Girls" website & forum? There are lots of others going through surgery and bracing who are great at sharing their stories and also lots of support. There is also an adult/parents "curvygirls" forum on facebook. Good luck with your surgery. Sarah (mum to Louise who is getting her first brace soon).
Old 28-04-2013, 11:00 PM

Hi to all those using this great forum - I am Georgia's mum and while I have been reading things on the forum for some time this is my first post. Thanks so much to all those that are giving Georgia support and advice - it is making her journey so much easier. Only 6 days to go until we head to Melbourne for her surgery which is scheduled for May 9th. We are as prepared as we can be and to be honest are keen to get the surgery behind us so the recovery process can begin. Saying that I'm sure we will be stressing out once we get there! Thanks again to everyone and good luck to those still in the midst of it all. Andrea
Old 29-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Hi Best wishes for Georgia and you and the family. I will be thinking of you on the 9th May. The waiting game is the hardest time as nothing will speed up time. Once surgery is over it feels like the biggest hurdle is over.
Rosie
Old 30-04-2013, 05:32 PM

yes good luck Georgia, sophie flies back to melbourne for her 12 month checkup in june. 12 months has flown by . we were so well looked after in Melbourne so I know you'll be fine.
Take care all of you.
Jane xx