Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Archived questions and answers from Dr Scoliosis > List of questions and answers from Dr Scoliosis

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24-01-2013, 02:56 PM
nay1313 nay1313 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Default Gp no help

I'm not too sure if I will get a reply to this, but I have been diagnosed with scoliosis. The GP advise me to learn to live with it and it won't get any worse. Which I am unsure of as I have been surfering in pain for the past 4 years. I have a report of xray done recently of my thoracic spine and Lumbar spine. I just wanted advise to see if I should look into further with an another GP

Thank you for your time

there is an increased kyphosis and mild scoliosis convex to the right
No focal pathology is seen in the vertebral complexes. There is degenerative changes involving the discs and end plates in the mid thoracic region associated with marginal osteophytic lipping.

Lumber spine

This is a slight rotation scoliosis convext to the right
The lumbar lordotic curvature is moderately pronounced. This is no displacement of the vertebrae' All discs are well maintained'
There are degenerative change developing in the facet joints at L4-5 AND LS-S1. The sacrum is normal and the SI Joints are normal
Old 25-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Dr Scoliosis Dr Scoliosis is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
Default Re: Gp no help

Thank you for your enquiry.

From what you have documented and what I presume is the report on the x-ray, it seems likely that you have what is called Scheuermann's disease. This is the commonest cause of excessive round back and affects mainly the thoracic spine. An increase in the dorsal kyphosis, the normal contour of the thoracic spine, is the hallmark of this condition. I lean towards this as the probable diagnosis as you quote "degenerate changes involving the discs and end plates in the mid thoracic region".

Clearly, you need to see a specialist in spinal disorders and a directory for certified specialists is available on our website. You would have to be referred by your family doctor.

I trust the advice is helpful.

Dr Scoliosis

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:00 AM.

This forum is a project of

Spine Society of Australia

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.