Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adults > Non-surgical management

Old 19-05-2011, 06:07 PM

Smile pain under left rib cage

Hi

I was wondering if any one out there happens to suffer similar pain that I do......I have an s curve with roatation mid way. Now for months now I have been getting this pain under my left rib cage and toward the middle of my upper abdo. Not only is it pain like it is a horrid feeling , hard to describe....a bit like you want to eat to aleveate the pain. I though it was reflux but pills did nothing. I am having an ultrasound of the abdo tomorrow but I really think it is my spine pushing my organs around....just thought some one might have a complaint like mine.
Rosie
Old 20-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Default Re: pain under left rib cage

I had that pain Rosie, pre-op and then post-op for a little while. initially, my GP, also thought that it might be abdomen related. I had a CT scan pre-op and nothing showed up. Then post-op, when the nurses used to change my position in bed every two hours, I could not lie on my left side. I also found it very hard to breathe. As my recovery progressed, the symptoms seem to lessen, and now no longer exists. I think you should still have the scan to verify that all is ok in the abdo department, but you may find that it is related to your spine and hopefully your Doc can recommend something for you to ease the discomfort. Best Wishes!
Old 21-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Thanks for your response. Ultrasound showed nothing yesterday. However again I am in pain this morning, so will have to just put up with it.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 PM

I too have had this, even my lung spasmed and I found it hard to breathe, but have had relief ever since going to a manuipulative physio, my joints have loosened up and the pain seems to be far less frequent. I do however get pain in the front of my chest along the sternum, which I think is my ribs pulling on it because of the curve. I too have a 'S' curve. A 35 & 39 degree curve, plus one in my neck!
Old 25-09-2011, 08:21 PM

Is it like a spasm?

I get it at the gym when doing abdominal crunches. It lasts for like 2mins and is the worst discomfort!

I also have an S curve. 50degree at the top and 45 down the bottom.