Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Archived questions and answers from Dr Scoliosis > List of questions and answers from Dr Scoliosis

Old 22-01-2014, 09:16 PM

Default Advice please :)

Hi,my mother and cousin both have mild scoliosis and I have a rather twisted pelvis myself,which has been gradually becoming more and more bothersome. I get quite sore and uncomfortable in my right hip which sits about an inch forward compared to my left,and also have ongoing trouble with back pain and fatigue. Would this be worth having properly examined?i am in my late 20s having had 2 children,and am mainly concerned about the right hip wearing out early.
Many thanks
Old 24-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Advice please :)

Dear SRM

Mild degrees of asymmetry in the body are very normal. For example, 10% of people have a leg length difference of up to 1cm. Regarding the pelvis, it can be rotated in association with a scoliosis, but it is usually very mild. In your case it is not likely your scoliosis would be causing the amount you describe.

Pelvic rotation is not associated with premature hip arthritis.

If you are concerned then I would firstly discuss this with your GP. A referral to an orthopaedic surgeon or sports physician could be arranged from there.

Dr Scoliosis