Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Observation and medical supervision

Old 14-09-2012, 07:08 AM

Default Re: New to this

Hi there, it has been a while ,I'm doing great . I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but when you look at Caitlin she looks fine no curve etc. she's tall for her age and a bit hippy but I still worry about her pain , she literally twists her pain to crack it them she feels better . She doesn't have the best posture which doesn't help. My gp refuses do give her the X-ray. My concern is that she may have a curve developing but it's just not showing. What should I do.? The physio gave her exercises which she does only when she feels like it . My worst nightmare is Caitlin going thru life with this kind of pain and dealing with scoliosis. good to hear from you ,hope your well .
Old 18-06-2013, 02:29 PM

Hi Katherine
Don't take No for an answer. A mothers instinct is usually right.
Insist on a referral if your GP does not want to deal with it.
In fact, I would go to a different GP and ask for a referral, you are not getting the support that you are asking for.
It is critical that you get an x-ray early so that you can measure any progression.
Good luck
Suz
Old 28-06-2013, 11:04 PM

Hi Katherine

the best advice any one can give you is to seek a second opinion even if you have to go to another Dr's surgery to get that if your Dr is not going to help go see someone else. good luck wish your daughter all the best and pray she doesn't have any problems

Kath
Old 15-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Hi Joey,
New to this myself. My daughter is 12 with a 45 degree thoracic curve. Fitted into her brace last week we are positive that with her tenacity and determination we will avoid further deterioration. Hope you get a good outcome and know that these forums are great for those wobbles we all feel as mums x