Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adults > Surgery

Old 24-02-2019, 06:28 AM

Default Broken rod :(

Hey Iím new and just needed advice, Iím 34 and when I was 13 I had full spinal fusion and never had any problems untill 3 years ago and my life went from a normal person too a living nightmare.
I just found out I have been lied too for 11 years by my doctors and they knew my left rod snapped in 2006 but didnít tell me and actually said in check up to do what Eva I wanted as long it didnít hurt .... well now I lose the ability to walk at times I have no strength in my legs , my body has deteriorated so badly as in loss of muscle as I just canít do any thing and the pain is something Elsa , it got that bad I had to move back home as I fell into shock from pain . And from I can feel it pretty sure the fusion has let go as I have move ment in my spine witch clearly I shouldnít have or did have Eva before

So basicly I donít exactly know what I hvd doin , but I know they canít fuss any more spine as itís all done and I have a plate across my lower back and all I hear is bad things about the fact they canít do much to fix rods when they been there for a fair time ? What are my options and how many people have had rods fixed
Old 24-02-2019, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Broken rod :(

Forgot to add itís Harrington tin rods both sides of spine
Old 04-03-2019, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Broken rod :(

https://i.imgur.com/ZyJ83qw_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium