Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 30-12-2012, 10:39 PM

Default Say prayers!

Hi guys, I normally dont post much, as we are not at fusion stage yet? Emily needs lengthening, cancelled 6 weeks ago. She had glandular fever, ross river virus & some barhmans virus as well? Shes been unwell again, but we have bloods tomorow, to see if surgery will be allowed. It will be 9th January. Please say prayers that surgery will go ahead. If it doesnt, she will miss the things she looks farward to. Like School swimming, Nippers Branch Carnival. And one of her first weeks at High School, her 5th surgery is a lot for her, but she copes really well, never complains.

Praying its ok.
Trace
Old 31-12-2012, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Say prayers!

Hi Tracy, I hope Emily is ok for surgery. I haven't had mine yet but I can't imagine what it would be like to find out that it might not happen.

Have a good new year and I hope everything goes well and I will be thinking of you over the next few days
Georgia
Old 31-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Wishing Emily (and her family) all the very best for her surgery and a great 2013.
Old 31-12-2012, 10:35 AM

Hi Tracy,
My prayers and positive thoughts are with you, Emily and your family. I know from our own experience with surgery that prayers and positive support from others are a very powerful thing
Everything happens for a reason and I firmly believe that whatever plan there is for Emily and her surgery, it's all going to be for the best.
Take care of yourself,
Helen
Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 PM

Smile Re: Say prayers!

Thanks guys. Im checking every surgery, that we all have to have. And with great surgeons, we will all be fine We might need a calendar, as we have a few surgeries this month. Bloods came back today, paediatrition called, and with Anethesis call...Houston....we have take off...good to go!!! Happy New Year to you all, and P.M Us if you need!!!! Its a great new year for us!!
Cheers Trace
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Smile Re: Say prayers!

Best wishes to you and your family on the impending surgery. RB
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 AM

Hoping all goes well with surgery. It is the worst time up till that day but after that things seem much easier.
Rosiexxxxx
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 PM

Hi guys, we are officially good to go!! Got ok today. Ems excited she wont miss anything next month. These lengthening surgeries are (I say easy, as I dont have to have it!) compared to 1st surgery! But always a worry while under. Maybe only 2 more till fusion, as the rods have stretched, as far as they can go. One day & one surgery at a time. All the best to Vic & Candy, being done this month. Be brave & strong! Your kids are about to amaze you!!! Eat when you can, and take time-out when their sleeping/recovering for a walk, to clear your heads. Prayers answered. Thankkyou all. T
Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 AM

Hi Tracy and Emily, thinking of you! Hope all goes well.
We are just waiting for our first appointment so it's only early days for us!
Liz
Old 09-01-2013, 06:43 AM

Hi Tracy, all the very best for Emily today. We are all praying for her, just remembering she is in good hands. Victoria has only a few more days left of waiting ( 15th Jan ), for her 2 day operation. Thoughts and Prayers. Brett