Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 21-05-2013, 11:01 PM

Default Nearly one year on and I'm so proud

Hi everyone...so good to hear from all of you that I text and talk to by phone or email. Just to let you know.....28th June is 1 year anniversary of Sophie's surgery (T4-12 fusion). In march she was runner up open champion girl at her interschool swimming carnival (and that included butterfly) and today she set a school record for shotput and won her discus and javelin events too. I am so proud of her as I| know you all are of your amazing kids who do incredible things after their surgery. We are so lucky to have access to awesome surgeons who really care. Take care everyone and I hope that Sophie's story and those of all the brave kids offer hope to kids approaching surgery.
Old 22-05-2013, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Nearly one year on and I'm so proud

That is amazing Jane! Sophie really is inspiring! How are you going to celebrate the anniversary?
Liz
Old 22-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Fantastic news Jane, such an inspirational story for all those who are dealing with Scoliosis. Well done and keep up the good work.Brett
Old 22-05-2013, 07:36 PM

Hi Jane. Congratulate Sophie from us - she is truly amazing and such an inspiration to all. Thanks for sharing your experience and being such a great support to all of us. Well done! Take care
Old 22-05-2013, 08:55 PM

Thumbs up Re: Nearly one year on and I'm so proud

That is a very inspirational story Jane. I have hope to run back on the netball court again!
To Sophie, congratulations on a fantastic effort. I hope to see you one day as part of our Olympic Team. Best wishes, RB
Old 22-05-2013, 09:41 PM

Hey G.I Jane,
Sophie takes after her mother! Thanks for keeping me sane the past 18 months! You are amazing! And thats why Soph is!
Luv your work! Big hugs to you Sophie/Boris/Tristan & St Lucas.
Trace & co xxxxxx
Old 23-05-2013, 08:11 PM

Thanks guys - Sophie loves all your posts. Tracy, your Emily is an inspiration to Sophie and to all of our family - she truly is amazing and you have been my lifeline through all of this. Trace , Eliz and RB and Brett you will all have your incredible stories to tell and I am just so thankful that this forum has allowed us to 'meet' and be able to all support each other. Sophie is back to Melbourne on 15th June for 12 month check and 'Boris' is taking her to Sovereign Hill. She will be on school ski camp on her actual anniversary. She will ski one year and one day after surgery. I am thankful she is a good safe little ski bunny who doesn't tend to fall over much!
Take care everyone.
Jane