Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 AM

Default 6 weeks post op

We went back to the spine cline clinic for the post op check up. Big smiles all round. M has rods and fusion from T4 to L5. She no longer requires pain control - first time she has been pain-free in more than 2 years. Her upper curve was 61deg now 11deg. Her lower curve was 64deg now 7deg - amazing correction. No rib hump!! Level shoulders and pelvis!! Shoulder blades match!! Waist is symetrical!! Gained 3cm in height.

The book is on its way to you Pina:>)
Old 06-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 6 weeks post op

Hi Margaret

That is wondeful news, the out come for your daughter is great. I was wondering how much flexability does/will she have? Has the doctor given you any idea, T4-L5 sounds like a large fusion.

abbi
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM

All I can say is awesome outcome Maggie!!! Hope the oils are working!! Makes me so happy to hear the kids have done so well!! We seem to be in Limbo...2 years on this site, 4 surgeries, and I still feel like I cant comment, as I dont know what its like to go through fusion?? Although, the growing rod surgery was 6 hours, and Im guessing, with catherta, epidural and a night in I.C.U, it was up there!!! We find out next month if we have fusion in December? Just luv to hear these kids on the mend and doing well!!!

Praying for them all.

Trace
Old 18-04-2012, 09:38 PM

She can bend from the hips and turn her upper body. So far, she doesn't feel too limited but she is not doing anything for exercise except walking.

Margaret

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi2103 View Post
Hi Margaret

That is wondeful news, the out come for your daughter is great. I was wondering how much flexability does/will she have? Has the doctor given you any idea, T4-L5 sounds like a large fusion.

abbi