Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 28-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Thank you! Post- op- Scoliosis Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meags97 View Post
Hi Jen
Of course you are welcome to! I don't mind as long as it helps others out Thanks, Meags
Terrific! Thanks Meaghan. I'll post it now.
Jen
Old 28-02-2013, 11:20 PM

Hi Meags. Just watched your video. Wasn't sure if I wanted to as our daughter is having surgery next Tuesday. However I'm so glad I did. You did such a great job. Very brave of you! The correction is amazing too. Hope the remainder of your recovery goes well and thanks again so much for sharing it with everyone. Take care
Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 PM

Hi Meaghan,
Your video was great. You went through so much before the surgery even happened!
My son had surgery exactly 2 weeks ago today and is doing really well now. Had some anesthetic complications causing coughing for first few days, very painful of course but once that resolved and drugs were sorted out he improved rapidly.
Best wishes to you for a great recovery, you should get stronger and straighter every day!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM

Hiya,
Thanks for your video and it was so helpful, am having my surgery today and I think the unknown about after is what is scary. It was good to see the before and after X-rays and to see the video do at least I have a better idea now of what to expect.
I hope your recovery in the future keeps going well and thanks again,
Renee.
Old 18-05-2013, 03:11 PM

Im glad to help Trace I hope surgery went smoothly for your daughter - keep us informed!
And thank you Eliz- best of luck to your son with his recovery. I'm glad to hear he is doing well now
And I know its late Renee, but I hope all went perfectly with your surgery!!
Old 19-05-2013, 07:55 AM

Default Brave girl!

Georgeous Meaghan,
So pleased its all over for you and you can look forward to a straighter , pain free adulthood. Wonderful video - I'm sure it will give many people inspiration.
I did try to watch a u tube of the scoliosis surgery but didnt manage to finish it. I'd never have my surgery if I did!!
Best wishes. Mish.
Old 20-05-2013, 08:51 PM

Hi Meg. Daughter had surgery 5th March and all went well. Thanks for asking. Going back to surgeon tomorrow for second post-op visit and xrays. How is your recovery going? Do you still have some numbness in your back? My daughter's back is still numb, but I guess it hasn't been that long since surgery. Hope you are doing well and all your pain has gone
Old 24-05-2013, 07:33 PM

Thank you Mish! I'm glad it helped I couldn't bare to watch the surgery either! When is your surgery?
Really glad to hear it Trace I hope the recovery continues to go smoothly! Yes, I have numbness through most of my back, lower abdomen and parts of my legs. The surgeon said they may be permanent or temporary, but he doesn't know yet! It doesn't really bother me, but I hope its the same for your daughter!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM

Hi Meaghan, great to see your video, my daughter is having her surgery in 26 days, so seeing your story has certainly helped. I hope your recovery continues smoothly and you can get back into your studies and active lifestyle. Best of luck with vce. Thank you for sharing