Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adults > Non-surgical management

Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Default Released from Surgeons Care

Hi all, I had my 18 month check today. I should have been released on June 1st this year but as most of you know, I had that bad hip/back pain episode and therefore he didn't release me at the time. My past xrays have always been of only the fused area, but today I had a full spine done. I am happy to report that everything looks really, really good. Nice fusion, straight spine (thoracic curve corrected itself) and no hint of de-generation of levels above or below fusion. All in all, both the surgeon and i were happy with the outcome and he has now released me from his care. I can call him anytime, to ask questions or if i have any queries, but i don't need any further followup appts. I filled out my post-surgery outcome form, shook his hand and thanked him ever so much for releasing me from my pain. Words cannot express my joy. Think i will use the Guns & Roses comcert tonight as my celebration, since the whole family is going! Best wishes everyone.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Released from Surgeons Care

Hearty Congratulations Rodverta! This is what we all want. From now on we will be celebrating a new anniversary each year.
Old 13-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Thankyou so much Jen. I have been dropping in every couple of days (on the forum), but due to work being extremely hectic, have not been able to post much. You're right, we will have a new anniversary to celebrate! At my appt, when the Doc said, 'it's been 18 months now - where did that time go?', i must admit, it got me thinking.................

I hope to catch up a bit more, when we break for xmas on the 21st.

Best wishes.
Old 20-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Hi Rodverta,
Bit slow in responding to your good news sorry. That is wonderful, what a journey it has been, so pleased for you. Thanks too for all the support you provide to others on the forum.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy 2011
Annette