Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 14-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Default Re: New guy to the forum

Hey Paige,oh kool What part of Melbourne are you from? . Ah,kk,I'm going to have simliar surgery on a simlilar curve except the degrees of the thoracic and lumbar curves are the other way around to yours. Ive never had morphine before so cheers for the warning,i'll definately have to ask my surgeon about it. Aww,I hope your not in too much pain at the moment and I hope it goes away soon! Thankyou so very much for the great support ,it gives me an enormous amount of re-assurance that a fairly good outcome can be achieved by the surgery. All the very best! xo
Old 22-12-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodverta Braefusion View Post
Hi paige,
Welcome to the forum. I live in Adelaide, but just got home a little over an hour ago from Melbourne. I had to attend a Xmas function. It was good to read your story ( i like reading about OP's recoveries). Could you please elaborate a little on the part of you recovering so well you now have pain. I'm a little concerned. Thanks
it's hard to explain, really. between my shoulder blades in particular, where my most severe curve was, i just have searing, stabbing pain. it may not even be associated with my scoliosis, but because i know there is something wrong with my back, i'm just so much more aware these days. according to my physio, my shoulder blade muscles are incredibly weak, which may assist the pain. i can't really describe it other than just this, searing pain that is nearly always there, even if i haven't done any strenuous activity.
Old 22-12-2009, 11:02 PM

Oh, i'm so sorry to hear about your searing pain. I hope someone is helping you with that.
Thankyou for clarifying your situation.