Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Brace management

Old 26-12-2010, 01:58 PM

Unhappy Brace issues

Heyy I got my Boston brace on the 9th of december. Im 14 years old, and i hate it . I have to wear it for 23 hours a day. I was just wondering if your bones are really hurting does that mean its moving them straight?.

With my brace i have a bit that goes under your arm sort of which makes it very difficult to hide it seems like i will never get use to it, does it really feel normal after a while?
Old 29-12-2010, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Brace issues

Hey Taryn I have a boston brace as well I am 13 I will be 14 in less than a month. I only wear it 20hrs a day ,it does hurt your bones because it is pushing your bones to get your spine straight. I wear Tights because i can't wear jeans they are to annoying for me and I wear a short sleve t-shirt. It feels normal after a while I normally take mine off for dinner because it pushes to much but yes you will get used to it, it will just take time.
P.S. Keep In Contact and let me now how you are going with your brace

From Emily
Old 26-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Brace issues

I am 11 years old, and I was recently diagnosed. At first my brace was very uncomfortable, and it was hard for me to take a deep breath. Also, I would advise people who are getting a brace not to eat very much in it, otherwise you will not feel very well!
(By the way, my brace is a Spinecor brace.)