Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > Surgery

Old 24-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Default Re: This is all new to me

This is all new to me? Saw Dr for first time 2 weeks ago. My young daughter already has curve of 40 degrees, so brace is not an option? Had M.R.I. on Wednesday and I guess we get on the surgery rollercoaster? We havent got 2nd opinion yet but curve has worsened by 18 degrees in 12 months? Chiro assured me he could help but its detiorated rather quickly she was only 8 when first picked up. There are so many questions and its all so new.
Old 24-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Welcome Tracy. Hopefully some other parents will see your post and offer you some advice.
Old 26-07-2010, 04:25 PM

Hi Tracy, Welcome to the forum. While i am not anti-chiro (as one Chiro kept me going til surgery), I wish that they could at least be honest. Help in keeping your child in a painfree comfortable zone........yes. Halting the progression of the curve....highly unlikely! As Jen said before me, hopefully some other parents can offer you some help. In the meantime ask as many questions as you need to. I can only offer advice based on my experience as an adult along with others on here that have already had their surgery. One difference i find between adults and children, is that, children are more resilient! Best wishes. Seeya round on the forums.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Hi Tracy,
It is so hard to see your babies go through this isn't it? I find it hard to look at my son, just breaks my heart if only we could go through it for them. (He is 14 and has 48degree curve so he will have surgery) I think most of the time they cope better than we do. All the best with your appointments and let us know how you get on.
Annette