View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Looking for advice

As for letting go, yes, you will have to let go of many things. Let go of the control we think we have over our lives, you are going to have to trust your surgeon, trust that you will be ok. It's a tough journey but it is temporary. The after surgery by might seem so long but honestly, those months will fly by. I'm 6 months post op and I feel like my surgery was yesterday. At the same time, it feels like a life away, another existence. You have to have as much support as you can around you. And you will feel so tired at the beginning that you won't care if the house is messy, or if things are not the way you would like them to be. Then, when you start feeling a bit better, you will focus on your recovery. On walking, on getting stronger. And slowly you will start doing things again. I know this varies too but I was back to driving within 6 weeks, even though I was still taking a few pain meds. I made sure I only drove short distances and only when I was not feeling drowsy. When I had the surgery my mum came and stayed with me. 2 months after the surgery she went back to our home country and I stayed here with a hubby who works full time and a 4 year old. We still managed. It's tough but doable. After the 3 months I was pretty much back to an acceptable "normal" level, although still cautious. So you will manage. Everybody finds a way to. And when you realize it's all pretty much over and behind you.