View Single Post
Old 23-03-2016, 11:53 PM

Red face Looking for advice

Hi there,
I have been following this forum for over a year now, which I just find so interesting to read of everyone's experience. I am at a crossroad and thought it good to reach out for some advice.
Let me introduce myself, I am a 54 year old woman and I live in Perth. I have an 80 degree curvature that has increased a degree over the past 10 years, however I have no pain as such but only with some impingement pain on my right side which feels more like a bad stitch which comes and goes. Iím active and most people donít realize I have a curvature because I hide it very well.
Ten years ago, when I was in my 40s, I was advised to see an orthopedic surgeon. This surgeon advised me that I should have an operation, however I was also given an option by another surgeon to maybe wait, which I have done.

So I have waited but now however, I have found my curvature has increased, after being checked out by another surgeon. My dilemma is I want to make a decision when I next see my surgeon next month. I am also worried that if I donít have my curvature corrected now, by the time I am in my 60s, I could be in a worse state.
I am also afraid that I could end up after the operation in a lot of pain, which I donít have now. Has anyone else had this dilemma? Also if anyone is from Perth, did they have a good outcome with their surgeon they went with?