Thread: Hi Everyone
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2009, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Questions

Hi to all mums,

Walking is initiated the next morning, starting with a few steps increasing to walking the halls in the hospital. The aim then is to achieve at least 30 minutes everyday, within 4-6 weeks after surgery. It does not have to be all at once, can be broken up. If you are able to walk for an hour per day, you can. Use commonsense, if pain is aggravated then spend more time resting.

They can lie on their side or their back, whatever is comfortable. In fact the nursing staff came in to change my position every two hours.

Exercies done, were Deep breathing & coughing, ankle exercises, hip and knee flexion, abdominal bracing. You get shown how to tighten your abdominal muscles, to help you move in and out of bed, how to transfer from a side lying position to a sitting position, how to perch sit, so that your knees are below your hips.

If i think of any more, i'll post later, have to run an errand. Be back soon.
Post any questions and i'll see if i can help you further. By the way, the above was taken from the handout i was given by my surgeon. You should always check with your surgeon, nurse or physio, what is required for your care. Just thought this may be a little help.