Thread: Meet and Greet
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Meet and Greet

Thanks for that. Yeah she is a great little kid and rarely complains about her cast. The only time she complained was when it was first put on, she asked to take it off a few times and that was it. I explained it can't come off and she never asked again. I was amazed she accepted it so well.

She just got her cast replaced last week and the new one seems to be longer then the last one and digs into her legs when she sits. She got upset on the car ride home but that was it.

Funnily enough we had far more problems with her brace. We had a lot of trouble initially keeping it on her for more then 20 minutes! How do you explain to a 2yo she has to wear it 23 hours a day! We did build it up to 5-6 hours but that was only in the last 6 months. I guess when they know the brace/cast can be removed they will want to remove it. If it can't be removed they just accept it and get on with it!

We go back in 2 weeks to see the spinal unit Doctors about how things are going. Hopefully we will see some improvment after wearing the cast 24 hours a day for the last 8-9 weeks. I know she is an inch taller wearing it so it definately keeps her straighter!