View Single Post
Old 26-06-2012, 06:44 PM
urwhatuthink urwhatuthink is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Smile Does anyone know about Scroth Method for Scoliosis?

I was doing some research on Google when I came across this forum. I am hoping someone might have some suggestions for me on where to turn to and who to do now.

A little bit of background about me: I an adult female (age almost 46) .

As a teenager in 1980 I was diagnosed with Scoliosis and I wore a back brace to prevent my spine curvature of about 28 degrees becoming any worse. I have been experiencing pain in my right side (lower back, hip and buttocks area). It will sometimes play up as a sharp pain and would cause me to stop in my tracks whatever I was doing e.g. walking. Now of late it seems to be getting slowly worse.

Am able to walk and getting around thanks to the help of Orthaheel Orthotic shoes and sandals without them I have much difficulty walking and use crutches which I keep on hand.

After a visit to my Doctor I had an x-ray done 2 weeks ago now and the radiologist report in my x-ray has said that I have Femoral acetabular impingement Pincer not Cam type. I have been doing some research on the internet and it seems that Scoliosis can sometimes be misdiagnosed as FAI and that perhaps my X-rays were not easy to make a diagnosis from due to my Scoliosis.

What I am wondering please is, as an adult who A. Has Scoliosis and B. Wore a Milwaukee back brace
as a teenager, what would be the next best thing for me to do? Who should I see? Perhaps an Orthopaedic surgeon? Not finding it easy either to find out who would be the best Orthopaedic surgeon in Australia to see that specialises in Scoliosis, if this is who I should see next. Perhaps a sports doctor? Has anyone had any success or know anything about the Schroth Method? ( I think it is). Any help or suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. Many Thanks
Reply With Quote