View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Dr Scoliosis Dr Scoliosis is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
Default Re: Osteopenia in fused spine

Thank you for your further contribution to the topic.

Unless one had the opportunity of perusing the x-rays and discussing them with you it would be unwise to attempt to interpret them at a distance.

Certainly, I think you should consult a scoliosis specialist and you will need to be referred by your family doctor. There is a directory of spinal specialists on our website.

In general, one is better advised not to take medication for minor alterations in bone density until the matter has been thoroughly evaluated. These days the doctors who deal with osteoporosis are not a recognised specialty but concern their practice with what is called mineral metabolism.

I would be interested to learn the outcome of your further consultations and perhaps you would be kind enough to provide an additional post. I am sure there are many members of the forum who have been following our exchanges.

Dr Scoliosis