View Full Version : original harrington rod patient

21-03-2010, 06:44 PM

I am one of the original Harrington rod patient from the 60;s
As my original surgeons are , not around and The RPA and Rachel Foster scoliosis clinics are not around also.

My GP cant help me, where does and old patient like me, seek surgical / medical review regarding back pain issues that have become worse the last year.

My lower back pain occurs around the lumber area and I have sciatica now.
I had double primary scoliosis, wore a brace from 9 to 11yers and had harrington rods inserted age 11 I/2


Dr Scoliosis
27-03-2010, 05:13 PM

On the information provided you clearly need to see a spinal surgeon who specialises in the management of scoliosis. There is a directory of specialists (http://www.scoliosis-australia.org/scoliosis/scoliosis_specialists.html) in New South Wales on our website.

A spinal clinic is held at Royal North Shore Hospital to which your family doctor could refer you. The telephone number is 9926 7111 and clinic appointments should be requested. If you choose to go to RNSH you would need to be referred by your family doctor and to take with you all your previous x-rays.

We trust this information is helpful.