PDA

View Full Version : 8yr old girl with over 40 degree curves

Baybreezes
13-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi, I just found out my little 8yr old girl has a triple curve two of which are over 40 degree's she is being fitted for a brace, I'm just wondering why they wouldn't do surgery as I heard that over 40 degrees is usually operated on? :confused:
She also has Autism and is experiencing a lot of back pain with pins and needles in her legs. The last couple of days she has had a racing heart and feeling hot (possibly anxiety). All she had was an Xray, told she would need a brace and to come back in 6 months I am seeing her paediatrican in a few days and would appreciate any advice regarding these things. Thanks

Dr Scoliosis
15-09-2010, 06:08 PM
If your daughter has a curve of more than 40 degrees at 8 years of age then, other things being equal, the curve comes into the treatment category.

From what you have said you do not appear to have received much information from the doctor you consulted. It is suggested that you make a follow up appointment indicating your need for additional details. You should also mention this to the paediatrician you are to consult.

I trust this information is helpful.

Baybreezes
30-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Thank you :)