Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adults > Surgery

Old 24-09-2017, 12:37 PM

Default Loose screw?

Hi all,

I'm 8 years post op a spinal fusion at 21 and found out by chance (think they call it serendipity) that I have possibly a loose screw in my upper back.

I actually went in to get a physio referral recently as last year I had a very minor accident on a motorbike but my lower back has been a bit odd since then but nothing that caused a great deal of concern.

I went in for a CT scan and there don't appear to be any issues in that region, but I have made an appointment for what the doctor said appears to be a screw out of place in my thoracic region from memory. I don't really know the cause - the doctor said it could be from getting older (wear and tear) or the motorbike accident. I forgot to tell him I tried skateboarding once and copped a few falls too, so who knows.

I'm pretty scared to see my surgeon next month - it's really expensive even to have a consult and I can't imagine the pain and expense (in all senses) of having to go under the knife.

Has anyone had experience with this? Or thoughts?

Thanks
Old 19-10-2017, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Loose screw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypostop View Post
Hi all,

I'm 8 years post op a spinal fusion at 21 and found out by chance (think they call it serendipity) that I have possibly a loose screw in my upper back.

I actually went in to get a physio referral recently as last year I had a very minor accident on a motorbike but my lower back has been a bit odd since then but nothing that caused a great deal of concern.

I went in for a CT scan and there don't appear to be any issues in that region, but I have made an appointment for what the doctor said appears to be a screw out of place in my thoracic region from memory. I don't really know the cause - the doctor said it could be from getting older (wear and tear) or the motorbike accident. I forgot to tell him I tried skateboarding once and copped a few falls too, so who knows.

I'm pretty scared to see my surgeon next month - it's really expensive even to have a consult and I can't imagine the pain and expense (in all senses) of having to go under the knife.

Has anyone had experience with this? Or thoughts?

Thanks

WOOOO, everything is okay!