Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adolescents < 18 years of age > What to wear with scoliosis

Old 20-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Cool Post surgery clothing and stuff

My daughter is having surgery early Oct 2014.
It is fast approaching and we are getting nervous.
It seems that I need to help shower her for a while, so will prob get her a bikini to wear in the shower. I feel it is important to preserve her dignity and she seems happy with this.

I am quite worried about the first couple of weeks and what she can wear. I am guessing she can easily pull clothes over her head.

How sensitive is the wound? Can she wear leggings and a loose shirt that is buttoned up at the front?

Advice from others would be greatly appreciated. I want her to feel good about herself post surg so dont want her to live in pj's. After all, that is the point
Old 24-08-2014, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Post surgery clothing and stuff

Hi, my daughter had surgery aged 15 just over 2 years ago. Button up shirts and cardigans are good for first few weeks and leggings are very comfy. I made sure my daughter wore clothes not pjs for the reason you said. I think you will find that after having a urinaty catheter in, having bed baths and having to have you hep her change underclothes she will cope with you showering her. After all said and done you will have to help her put the bikini on and take it iff in the early stages anyway. My daughter just got to the point where she said ....everyone has seen everything anyway! Not sure if this has helped...but was just my personal experience. Good luck for the surgery .