Scoliosis Australia Forums  

Go Back   Scoliosis Australia Forums > Adults > Surgery

Old 12-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Default New to the forum

I am new to the forum. I have had scoliosis since I was a teenager. I am now 59 years old. In my teenager years I was advised not to have surgery due to it may cripple me. Now in my mid years I have been advised to have surgery due to my curve being 73%. I have a surgeon who is going to operate on me around the middle of next year due to me only joining a health fund in May this year. Is there anyone on the forum who has had surgery in their middle years and how was there post op please.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:35 PM

Default Re: New to the forum

Hi Julie

There are many forum members who had their surgery at middle age. I was one and had a great outcome. Although it was 2011/12 my surgeries seem like so long ago! My memory is a bit fuzzy on the details. I've got lots of posts up (do a search) about all sorts of things relating to my pre and post surgeries (I was 48 and 49 when I had my ops). You might find something there for you which will make more sense than if I tried to recollect it all now

The forum is sometimes really quiet but most pop on for a look every now and then.

cx