View Single Post
Old 13-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Talking Re: Does anyone know about Scroth Method for Scoliosis?

Hi Paula and everyone else. I know this question has been asked months ago, but my 16 year old daughter is currently undergoing the first treatments/training in Schroth in Melbourne and I just wanted to share this with you as I am quite impressed thus far. After 6.5 hours of Schroth, her lung capacity has increased by 33%. She has two curves 31 (thoracic) and 24(lumbar). She has worn a Boston brace for 23 hours a day for 12 months between the ages of 14 and 15. Her curves were 34 and 25 before she started wearing the brace. She was weaned off the braces because she has stopped growing. I felt driven to find something we can do to prevent these curves from worsening and to help her in future as she gets older. I could not just sit still and hope for the best. I am convinced that doing exercise, specifically designed for scoliosis treatment, will help her form good habits for later in life. She is a very active girl without any pain. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more. I myself have scoliosis, but my curve was less than 20 degrees last time I checked (20 years ago ) and it is not bothering me. I wore a Boston brace for 4 years as a teenager.